Monday, October 29, 2012

Character Animation


In order to do this clip, I took my nephew's action figure which had many joint I could use to bend the figure into walking poses. On the ground, I taped painter's tape to track where my figure must be in all frames. I also taped 2 extra lines to put the glue stick and chapstick. On the lines I measured inches and moved the glue stick 2 inches in each shot to give relative distance. The chapstick was suppose to be moved an inch per frame to make it appear far away, however the shots got mixed up and it appears at random distances. I tried to exact my camera position due to lack of a tripod, but it still could have turned out much better. I can't imagine making a full motion picture doing stop motion, and respect animators and special effect artists even more every time I do stop motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment